Antimonopoly/ antitrust regulation in Russia is becoming increasingly strict, and the fines and consequences of violations of such regulations are more and more substantial. Our lawyers have successfully represented clients’ interests before the antimonopoly service both in connection with business inspections and applications for transaction approval. We also professionally fight unfair competition and regularly protect our clients’ business in court.
Anti-Monopoly Lawyers in Russia
Our antitrust services
- Full legal support for compliance with antitrust laws
- Full legal support for antitrust approval and notification required for purchase of company, assets, reorganization, etc.
- Drafting trade policies and advising on trade policy issues under Russian law
- Contract analysis and support of trade strategy development within the limits of coordinated actions (abuse of dominant position)
- Representing client interests in antitrust disputes examined in court
Examples of projects handled by our lawyers
- Representing a European hotel chain in St. Petersburg to appeal against claims from Rosfinnadzor, the Federal Antimonopoly Service and tax authorities imposing administrative sanctions on the hotel chain
- Full legal support of one of the largest Finnish retailers for its entry into the Russian market, including the development of an optimal corporate business structure and its approval by antimonopoly authorities, advice on investment issues in Russia and legal support of the opening of a chain of supermarkets.
- Applying for antimonopoly approval for the merger of two major manufacturers of construction materials in Russia
- Successful representation of the interests of a European manufacturer of construction materials in an unfair competition dispute
- Representing the interests of a US manufacturer of medical equipment in a trademark and domain unfair competition dispute
- Advising a timber manufacturer on compliance of distribution policy with Russian antitrust laws