Our lawyers draw from their extensive experience and knowledge to successfully support any real estate projects such as lease, project financing, purchase and sale, development, construction and investments.
Real Estate Practice
Our Real Estate services
- Real estate investment structuring
- Assistance with real estate sale and purchase transactions
- Development and implementation of construction financing mechanisms
- Handling of legal formalities and protection of client interests upon lease of commercial real estate
- Pre-trial and judicial resolution of real estate disputes
Examples of projects handled by our lawyers
- Comprehensive legal advice provided to a foreign investor regarding the construction of a cottage village in the Leningrad region and the purchase of land plot of 30 ha (implemented by a foreign development company). We negotiated the terms and conditions of the development services agreement regulating the relationships between the parties involved in the project (investor, developer)
- Pre-trial actions, including liaising with law enforcement agencies, committees and ministries followed by court appeal and litigation full support for a dispute between a land plot owner and a children’s football club that invested in the construction of infrastructure on the land plot leased from the owner. The difficulty of this case was in proving the ownership of buildings and in recovering the sports equipment which the land plot tenant considered to be permanent improvements just as prefabricated structures. It was also interesting to challenge before state authorities the validity of receipt of ownership title by the land plot owner based on the non-transparent grounds of its receipt in the 1990s and the violation of land use by the land plot owner.
- Comprehensive services for thorough verification of counterparties, grounds for acquisition of ownership rights or other right to provide office space for long-term lease to one of the largest international organizations that supports and develops major infrastructure projects, as well as legal support for conclusion, renewal, modification and termination of lease transactions taking into account the strict requirements of international agreements and numerous internal regulations governing the activities of this international organization, including the latest applicable sanctions
- Advising a major international manufacturer of medical equipment during negotiations with a major Swedish developer to enter into a long-term lease agreement
- Representing the interests of a Finnish developer during negotiations with a district head in the Moscow region for acquisition of a land lot of 100 ha and construction of a logistics center on the land plot
- Advising an American investor and providing legal support for the lease of a warehouse complex in the Moscow region to a major international manufacturer of construction and agricultural equipment